SEW Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Notice and Takedown Procedure
It is the Sentia Medical Services Educational Website (hereinafter “SEW”) policy to expeditiously respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act (hereinafter “DMCA”). This page is designed to make submitting notices of alleged infringement to SEW straightforward, while reducing fraudulent or difficult to understand or verify complaints. The form of notice specified below is consistent with the form suggested by the DMCA. We will attempt to respond to notices from other jurisdictions that do not follow the suggested form.
It is expected that every part of the SEW site will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if SEW receives proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, our response to these notices will include removing material claimed to be the subject of infringing activity regardless of whether we may be liable for such infringement under United States law or the laws of another jurisdiction. We may also document notices of alleged infringement on which we act.
SEW’s Designated Agent to receive notification of alleged infringement under the DMCA is:
Sentia Medical Sciences, Inc.
3550 General Atomics Court
Building G02, Room 563
San Diego CA 92121
Upon receipt of proper notification of claimed infringement, SEW will follow the procedures outlined herein and in the DMCA.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide SEW’s Copyright Officer (listed above) the following information in a written communication (preferably via email):
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit SEW to locate the material;
- The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law”;
- The following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”; and
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that material is infringing your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney.
Accommodation of Standard Technical Measures
It is SEW’s policy to accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures used by copyright owners to identify or protect copyrighted works that SEW determines are reasonable under the circumstances.
SEW reserves the right to change, at any time, at our sole discretion, the DMCA Notice Policy. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the DMCA Notice Policy.
Effective Date of the Agreement is November 20, 2017.